Sunday, April 17, 2016

Fretwork Adaptation


I made an adaptation from Barbara Walker's Fretwork Pattern in "A Treasury of Knitting Patterns".  BW had  line-by-line instructions so I turned it into a chart using the software from Intwined Studio this way I could get my head around working in the round.

I was quite happy with the result although the sole stitches were of a looser gauge than the upper stitches. Next time I'll try Linen Stitch for the sole.

I use a strong 2ply thread alternating with the wool yarn for the toes and heels. This means I increase the number of stitches for the heel and heel shaping. This then allowed me to quite easily increase from 60 sts (which I had used on the foot) to 70 sts (a whole repeat) for the leg from the ankle upwards.

Further information can be seen at my Ravelry page

No comments:

Post a Comment