Sunday, April 17, 2016

Another Simulated Basket Weave

I used a pattern from "More Sensational Sock Patterns" but I have it with the same name in my Barbara Walker book.

See my Ravelry page for more info

Fretwork Adaptation

I made an adaptation from Barbara Walker's Fretwork Pattern in "A Treasury of Knitting Patterns".  BW had  line-by-line instructions so I turned it into a chart using the software from Intwined Studio this way I could get my head around working in the round.

I was quite happy with the result although the sole stitches were of a looser gauge than the upper stitches. Next time I'll try Linen Stitch for the sole.

I use a strong 2ply thread alternating with the wool yarn for the toes and heels. This means I increase the number of stitches for the heel and heel shaping. This then allowed me to quite easily increase from 60 sts (which I had used on the foot) to 70 sts (a whole repeat) for the leg from the ankle upwards.

Further information can be seen at my Ravelry page

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Pair No 7 for 2016

I made these for a recovery buddy but I feel they might not fit her.... I'll see her soon and if they don't fit her - they will find another home. I've just done another mend of my "oldest" pair currently in use so I need another pair... but they will be slightly too big for me too!

Click Ravelry to get the full goss!

3 June 2016
I offered these to an older relative as a choice. The others were pretty bright so I wasn't surprised she might prefer these slightly more subtle ones.

Ugly socks usually find a good home

I made these from mostly scraps and they were intended for myself. I thought they were particularly ugly but my friend Sue said she would be happy to have them... There's always a good ending to an ugly duckling story.

Ravelry page has the details

Claire's Socks

Claire has wide foot and very little ankle shape so I worked hard to make sure I knitted her ones that fitted her. She was delighted...

My Ravelry page has the details

Jo's Socks Mark II

Carefully weighing of the yarn meant that I did indeed have enough to make a second pair... these one actually fit her.

Check out my Ravelry page for the details