Sunday, December 18, 2011

Linen Stitch Soles

I've tried making these socks before and found them fiddly where the linen stitch meets the stockinette stitch...nothing changed there!

I made them with 4 ply yarn and 2.75mm needles to fit a smaller foot. I also used 3.00mm on the linen stitch sole stitches. This made the sole a slightly lighter weight weave.

I used the free (for personal use) pattern An American in China with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the colour called Sweetie which I purchased from my usual online knitting haunt The Loopy Ewe

My friend tells me that her homemade socks always wear out very quickly on the ball of the foot - not the heels or toes as is more common.

Now that they are finished I don't think the colour scheme is really "her" so I'm looking for another recipient! A woman with average sized feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment